Delectable sweet treats made with banana slices covered in chocolate and then rolled in coconut chunks, dried berries and peanuts… simply yum! This recipe yields awesome little bites that taste even better when served at room temperature (that way the chocolate softens and the bananas become gooey giving the dish ice cream consistency. So make these quickly and adorn your Christmas table; but don’t forget to let them soften before gobbling them up.
- Bananas 3 small
- Dried assorted berries 1/3 cup
- Coconut chunks 1/3 cup
- Peanuts 1/3 cup
- Dark chocolate bar, melted 1
- Place the chocolate bar in a microwave safe bowl and heat it just enough to melt it.
- In a flat plate, combine the dried berries, coconut chunks and peanuts.
- Peel the bananas and slice into small pieces.
- Dip the banana pieces into the melted chocolate and make sure they are properly covered.
- Immediately roll them in the berry and nut mixture.
- Put the ‘Triple B’s’ on a wax paper on a tray and refrigerate them for 1 – 2 hours.
- When serving, remove from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature. Serve.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (excluding freezing time)
Serves: 10 – 12 bites