Christmas celebrations seem incomplete without a Plum Cake. Plum or aloo bukhara is a delicious fruit that tastes just as good fresh or dried. It gives a unique taste to any recipe and this Plum Cake recipe is no different. Easy to make and eggless, this plum cake requires simple ingredients but a lot of love to make. So add some glitter to your Chsitmas festivities with this yummy treat.
- All purpose flour (or Maida) 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour ½ cup
- Vanilla extract (or Vanilla powder) 1 teaspoon
- Plums, chopped finely 2-3
- Cashews, chopped ¼ cup
- Raisins, chopped ¼ cup
- Cinnamon powder ¼ teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder Pinch
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Sugar 1 cup
- Butter, melted ⅔ cup
- White vinegar 1.5 tablespoons
- Milk ½ cup
- Baking soda ½ teaspoon
- Cake Tin
- Electric beater
- Combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon powder and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Now pour in the milk while beating to incorporate smoothly.
- Also add the sugar and beat again to mix.
- Add the chopped plums, raisins and cashews and fold all within the batter nicely.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and grease a cake tin with butter.
- Add vinegar to the milk and then add the baking soda to this mixture. Stir gently and then pour this frothy mixture into the cake batter.
- Stir nicely to mix everything and finally add the vanilla extract.
- Mix quickly and pour the mixture into the greased cake tin.
- Bake the cake for 35 – 40 minutes and then remove from the oven. Let it cool completely and then remove from the tin.
- Cut into pieces and serve with beverage of choice. If desired, decorate the top of the cake with cashews.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 – 6