Raita adds a pleasant and cool feeling to any meal. There is a variety of raitas including aloo raita, boondi raita, veg. raita, mix fruit raita and so on. This version of raita is the most delicious and healthy of all because as its name depicts this is made of fruits. It is also an ideal cuisine to be eaten during fasts like ‘Navratra’.
- Yogurt (curd) 1 cup
- Assorted fruits, chopped ¾ cup
- (Apple, Banana, Pomegranate, Grapes)
- Roasted cumin seeds powder ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper, ground ¼ teaspoon
- Rock salt As per taste
- Sugar ½ teaspoon
- Beat yogurt in a bowl until smooth. Add sugar, cumin powder, rock salt and black pepper; stir to mix well.
Tip: Avoid using sour curd. Using rock salt (sendha namak) makes this raita perfect for consumption during fasts.
- Now add in fruits to it and fold to mix again, reserve some pomegranate pearls for garnish.
- Pour in the serving bowl and garnish with cumin powder and pomegranate pearls. Refrigerate for at least half an hour to chill and serve, enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes