Delicious and crunchy, these pakodas are filling and perfect to kill hunger pangs. During Navratras kuttu flour forms the primary main course item for most people in India and it can be consumed is a variety of forms. If you’ve never tried these before, you’ll fall in love with them instantly. Serve them with fresh curd to enhance their flavors.
- Potatoes 2 medium
- Kuttu aata (Buckwheat flour) 3 tablespoons
- Rock Salt (Sendha namak) 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil For deep frying
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cut into thin round slices.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on them and keep aside.
- Put oil in a wok and place on heat to get heated.
- Meanwhile take kuttu flour in a bowl and add water to it to make a thick batter which can coat the potato slices easily.
Tip: Batter should not be thin otherwise it will not coat the potato slices
- Add salt and pepper to it and mix well.
- Dip the potato slices one by one in the batter and after coating the batter drop them in hot oil carefully.
Tip: Fry the pakodas on medium heat so that potatoes get cooked nicely and become soft.
- Deep fry them on medium heat until cooked.
- Bring them out of the oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Transfer in the serving dish and serve with curd.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes