If there was one thing an Indian meal would be incomplete without, it would be a Raita. Raitas are an absolute must in every party, lunch or dinner in India, especially in the summers. And the best part about a Raita is that it is super easy and quick to make. There is a variety of Raitas in Indian food, and this is the recipe for refreshing Cucumber & Mint Raita. Just the name of this side dish soothes the mind and it makes for the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Whip it up today and bring a dash of freshness in your menu.
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 6 Mint leaves, chopped (pudina)
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ¼ tsp Black salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin seeds powder ( bhuna jeera powder)
- Peel off the cucumber and grate or chop.
- Beat the curd and add spices i.e. salt, black salt, black pepper, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Add mint and cucumber into it.
- Mix well, serve chilled
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3
- If the curd for raita is too sour, add some cold milk to balance it.
- Add some water if the consistency of the raita is too thick.