Baked fudgy brownies topped with frosting in the shape of Santa hats, these Brownie Santas will bowl you over. A yummy treat for the eyes and the tongue, this dish is easy to cook at home and makes for a lovely addition to your festive table. Perfect for kids and adults this Christmas!
- Butter, softened 2/3 cups
- Sugar 1 – 1/3 cups
- Eggs 2 large
- Vanilla extract 5 teaspoons
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Baking cocoa ½ cup
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Strawberries, cleaned and hulled 15 small
- Unsalted Butter, room temperature ¼ cup
- Cheese, room temperature 125 grams
- Powdered sugar 5 cups
- Baking dish/pan
- Electric beater
- Piping Bag
- To prepare brownies whisk butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract and eggs in this mixture and whisk again to beat the eggs and make the mixture smooth again.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, salt and cocoa together. Slowly add this dry mixture into the butter-egg mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spread this mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the brownie-cake is baked to perfection; then remove the dish from the oven and remove the baked brownie-cake from the dish.
- Place it on a wire rack to cool completely and then cut circular brownies using a round cutter.
- Now to make the icing, beat butter and cheese using electric beater for 2 minutes.
- Then add a pinch of salt and the remaining vanilla extract. Also add the sugar in parts, half cup at a time. Check the icing consistency and sweetness from time to time and adjust sugar when needed.
- Fill in the vanilla-buttercream in the piping bag and pipe a ring on top of each brownie circle.
- Cut off the base of each strawberry so that it becomes flat and place it upside down on each brownie, pushing slightly to secure in place.
- Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of buttercream to finish the Santa hat. Serve.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 10 minutes