Colourful and quick to make, this appetizer is sure to be an eye-candy as well as a mouthful of flavour. All vegetarian, call them kebabs if you like! Add as many veggies to this dish as you want and deep-fry, bake, or grill as per preference. I grilled them just to give them the authentic kebab touch. Perfect for formal parties and a lovely way to feed kids some vegetables!
- Cottage cheese 120 grams
- Cherry tomatoes 140 grams
- Yellow bell pepper 1
- Zucchini or English Cucumber 1
- Salt To taste
- Red chilli powder ½ teaspoon
- Fresh mint ½ bunch
- Lemon 1
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Freshly ground black pepper To taste
- Immerse your wooden skewers into cold water so that they can soak it up.
Tip: Immersing skewers in cold water before grilling prevents them from burning when the kebabs are cooking.
- Cut the cottage cheese into bite-sized cubes. De-seed the yellow pepper and cut it into pieces. Add both to a mixing bowl.
- Cut the zucchini into small slices and add to the bowl. Also add the cherry tomatoes whole.
- Wash the mint leaves thoroughly and finely chop them.
- Grate some lemon zest and add the mint, red chili powder and the zest to the mixing bowl. Also add the olive oil.
- Season the mixture with salt and black pepper and then toss to coat everything. Squeeze a little lemon juice too.
- Preheat your kebab grill to high. While it heats, lightly grease a grill tray. Arrange the veggies and cheese pieces on the skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill tray and grill for 10 – 12 minutes. Turn the skewers half way through to ensure even cooking. When the cheese becomes golden and the veggies soft, you’re done!
- Remove the skewers from the grill and let them cool very slightly. Serve!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3