There are thousands of ways to eat those veggies, they can also be used in various recipes to create lots of dishes. This is an easy recipe to prepare delightful veggie skewers with diced and marinated veggies that are threaded onto skewers and then baked or grilled. Pleasing to the eyes, these are perfect to be served as an appetizer or as an entree to your guests.
- Apple, cut into thick half wedges 1
- Sweet potato, parboiled & diced into ½ inch discs 1 large
- Onion, peeled and cut into quarters 1 medium
- Tomatoes, halved 2 small
- Green bell pepper, cut into fairly large chunks 1
- Red bell pepper, cut into fairly large chunks 1
- Yellow bell pepper, cut into fairly large chunks 1
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Honey 1 tablespoon
- Ground cumin ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Mixed dried Italian herbs 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Combine olive oil with lime or lemon juice and honey in a mixing bowl. Add in ground cumin, red chili powder, dried Italian herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until well combined.
- Dip all parboiled and peeled sweet potato discs in the prepared dressing and transfer into another bowl.
- Now add rest of the veggies along with apple chunks into the dressing and stir so as to coat well with it. Cover the bowl and keep aside to marinate for at least half an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees Celsius and line your baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Thread all veggies and apple chunks in alternate manner on skewers, reserve remaining dressing. Place skewers on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 230 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Baste the veggies on skewers with remaining dressing in mixing bowl and turn the sides of skewers. Bake further for 10 minutes or until the veggies are nicely baked and skin of tomatoes and bell peppers is slightly shrunk.
- Bring out of the oven and transfer onto serving platter. Serve warm.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes