Healthy soup containing hearty pieces of tomatoes and eggs, this soup is easy to make at home and has a refreshing taste. A unique variety of this soup also contains Jew’s ear which is an edible fungus often found on old trees generally near beaches. It is also known as Judas’s ear because of its similarity in shape with human ears. Try out this soup that’s bound to be a different starter.
- Eggs 4
- Tomatoes, cut into quarters or wedges 4 medium
- Freshly ground black pepper For seasoning
- Salt To taste
- Chicken stock (or vegetable stock) 4 cups
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Cooking oil 2 tablespoons
- Crack and beat eggs in a bowl and then add in 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Put a saucepan on medium heat with oil in it. Once it heats up, pour in eggs mixture and stir to crumble.
- Cook for a minute and then remove from heat. Keep this fluffy crumbled eggs aside.
- Add remaining oil into the same pan or in a different pan and once it heats up, add tomato wedges.
Tip: Some green onions may be added before tomatoes and sautéed for a minute.
- Stir to cook for 2 minutes and then add in crumbled eggs so as they soak the juice of tomatoes well. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Now pour in 4 cups of chicken stock (or vegetable stock), season with salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil on high heat and then lower the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Ladle into serving bowls and serve hot.
Tip: You may add some noodles also into this soup. Some vinegar and/or sugar or spicy Thai paste may also be added.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes