Winters bring with them the time for soups, hot beverages and warm desserts. So here’s a delicious soup recipe to light up your winter evening. Chicken sweet corn soup is very popular among almost all non vegetarian eaters. Available at all popular eateries, this soup can be easily simmered at home.
- Boneless chicken, boiled and shredded 200 grams
- Sweet corns 100 grams
- Ginger, finely chopped or minced 1 tablespoon
- Fresh green coriander, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Corn flour, dissolved in ½ cup of water 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- White pepper powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Chicken stock 5 cups
- Sesame oil 1 tablespoon
- Put a saucepan on medium heat with oil in it. Add chopped ginger and sauté for a minute and then add in shredded chicken, stir and sauté further for a minute.
- Add in soya sauce, white pepper powder and sweet corns. Stir and pour in chicken stock, bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer until the remaining ingredients are added.
- Add vinegar, sugar and salt to taste, stir and then pour in corn flour solution while stirring continuously. Stir and simmer until thickens to desired consistency.
- Add in chopped green coriander, stir and turn off the heat.
Tip: You may add beaten egg while stirring soup continuously to form poached egg threads if you like. Some chopped green onion may also be added into this soup.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes