Stir-fried vegetables that are served while still crunchy. This is a very simple recipe to yield a perfect snack or side-dish. The best thing about this healthy vegetarian dish is that you may add in any of the veggies currently available in your kitchen. This dish can adorn any homemade sizzler too!
- Broccoli florets 2 cups
- Cauliflower florets 2 cups
- Carrots, scrubbed and thinly sliced 2 medium
- Green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks 1
- Red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks 1
- Yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks 1
- Halved fresh green beans 1 cup
- Sweet Corn kernels ½ cup
- Green peas ½ cup
- Crushed or minced cloves of garlic 1 or 2
- Ginger, grated or finely chopped 2 inch piece
- Low sodium soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Cornstarch 1 tablespoon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper To taste
- Water 2 tablespoons or more
- Vegetable oil 4 tablespoons
- Combine cornstarch with 2 tbsp vegetable oil, garlic and half of ginger in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to mix all nicely.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans into ginger garlic sauce and toss to coat everything.
- Put a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat with remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil in it. Add in sauce coated vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes while stirring constantly.
- Now add in all bell peppers, corn kernels and peas.
- Pour in 2 tbsp of water into wok along with 2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce. Toss and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in remaining ginger and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook for another couple of minutes or more while tossing constantly. The veggies should not turn tender and should remain crunchy.
- Transfer into serving bowl and serve over steamed rice or noodles or accompanied with breads of choice.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes