Sprouts and salad veggies dressed in a simple lemon dressing, this healthy salad can be had as a light breakfast too. Perfect for working people running short of time, this salad is quick to make and is delicious as well. It may even be served as a snack, starter or as an accompaniment to main course meals at parties.
- Green lentil sprouts (homemade or packaged) 1 cup
- Cucumber, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Onion, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Tomatoes, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped 1 tablespoon
- Green chili, chopped (optional) 1
- Paprika or Red Chili Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Fresh lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Chat Masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Put sprouts in a microwave safe bowl with a little water, cover and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Drain the water and let sprouts cool.
- Add cucumber, onion, tomatoes, green chilies and coriander.
- Add paprika, salt, chat masala and lemon juice. Toss to coat nicely and serve.
Tip: Sprouts of any bean (black gram, kidney beans etc) may also be used.
To make sprouts at home soak lentil or gram for 4 to 5 hours in water and then keep it in a damp cloth at a warm place for 8 to 10 hours or until beans start to sprout.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes