Delicious and light turkey wraps coupled with spinach make for a healthy and yummy lunch option. Slice them into half or quarters and they make for great party appetizers. The best part of these wraps is that you can add as many veggies to them as you want to make them even more colorful and tasteful.
- Wheat Flour or Maida (bleached wheat flour) 3 cups
Whole Wheat Tortillas 6 – 7
- Spinach leaves 3 cups
- Tomatoes, seeded and diced sliced 2 large
- Thinly sliced deli turkey, cooked and smoked 12 slices
- Dijon Mustard 2 tablespoons
- Finely Shredded Iceberg Lettuce 5 cups
- Swiss Cheese (or any other your prefer), shredded 3/4 cup
- Cream Cheese or Cheese Spread 1 cup
Note: Skip steps 1 – 5 if using whole wheat ready-made tortillas.
- With clean hands knead the wheat flour or Maida into soft dough. Keep aside.
Tip: Though authentic wraps use Maida, I avoid using it. Wheat flour is a much healthier option.
- Place a non-stick flat pan (tava) over medium heat.
- Dust your kitchen counter with dry flour and using a rolling pin roll out the dough into a flat round shape of the size you want your wrap to be.
Note: The rolled out dough shouldn’t be too thin or too thick. Just the right thickness will ensure that it stays soft and also easy to chew. Refer recipe image for ideal wrap thickness.
- When the flat pan (tava) heats up, lift the wrap dough from the counter and place it on the pan carefully such that no air is left within it and the pan.
- Flipping it after few seconds, cook the wrap from both sides till you see small brown spots appear. Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
- Combine the cream cheese (or cheese spread) with the mustard and using a spoon spread a generous portion of it on each of the tortillas or prepared wraps. Keep the edges of the wraps clean to avoid dripping.
- Now arrange the lettuce on each of the wraps and press it down a little.
- Now place at least 2 turkey slices on each wrap.
- Top with the spinach leaves, tomatoes and shredded Swiss cheese (or any other cheese you’re using).
- Roll the wrap and cut into slices if desired. Serve immediately!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 – 7