Welcome the new year with these delicious and easy to make soya kebabs. Kebabs offer a refreshing change from the usual cutlets and add glitter to any party or get-together. Now make these restaurant style kebabs at home and impress family and friends.
- Soya chunks, soaked for 1/2 and hour 2/3 cup
- Carrot, grated 1 medium
- Potatoes, boiled 3 – 4 large
- Bread slices, soaked and squeezed 2
- Salt To taste
- Red chili powder Pinch
- Sweet Corn 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Oil For frying
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Drain water from the soaked soya chunks and squeeze them to dry them up. Then place them in a grinder and coarse grind.
- Add ground soya and grated carrots to the mashed potatoes.
- Also add salt, red chili powder and crumbled soaked bread.
- Combine everything and then shape into sausages (thin and long).
- Place a deep frying pan over medium heat with a little oil in it. There should be enough oil to fry the kebabs but not enough to deep fry them.
- Once the oil heats up, carefully place the sausage into it. After a few seconds using a slotted spoon, roll the sausage over to evenly fry from all sides. Take care not to deep fry the kebabs or else they won’t turn out soft.
- When done, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Let them cool a bit and then slice the sausage into bite sized kebabs.
- To make corn salad, combine the sweet corn with salt and lemon juice.
- Plate up with the corn salad in the center and the kebabs circled around it. Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 – 5