A great way to beat the heat, this Shrimp and Veggie Salad is a typical refreshment when the temperatures soar. A hearty combination of shrimp and colorful salad vegetables dressed in a yummy vinegar – olive oil – sugar dressing makes this salad a treat for the senses.
- Shrimps, cooked, peeled and de-veined 6 – 8
- Avocados, pulp scooped out 2
- Cucumber, diced 1 medium
- Tomato, chopped 1 medium
- Chives, diced 1/4 cup
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper To taste
- Vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Olive or canola oil 2 tablespoons
- Whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and black pepper in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix the cooked shrimps, chopped tomatoes, cucumber and chives in a large bowl.
- Add the avocado pulp to the bowl.
Note: To get the pulp cut the avocados and remove the central stone. Then scoop the pulp out using a spoon.
- Pour the dressing prepared in step 1 over the salad and gently toss to coat everything.
- Keep the salad bowl in the fridge for about 10 minutes and then serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes