The roasted butternut squash soup makes for an elegant entrée before a hearty formal meal. This smooth combination of butternut squash and vegetables is bound to please everyone’s senses. Super easy to make, this soup also makes for a healthy meal option in itself.
- Butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes 1 large
- Onion, peeled and diced 1 medium
- Carrot, diced 1 medium
- Celery stalk, diced 1
- Fresh sage leaves 2 – 3
- Garlic cloves 2
- Vegetable base sauce 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 tablespoon
- Tabasco (optional) 1 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Olive oil 3 – 4 tablespoons
- Water 4 cups
- Set the oven for preheating to 180 degrees C.
- Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, salt and red chili powder in a bowl and toss all the veggies with this mixture. Then transfer them to a baking tray.
- Put the tray in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Once done, remove the tray from the oven and blend the baked veggies in a mixer with water (as required) to a thick puree.
- Place a saucepan on low-medium heat, and pour the pureed soup into it.
- Add the rest of the water to the pan along with the vegetable base sauce, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the Tabasco (if using) and stir.
- Ladle out the soup into serving bowls and serve hot with toasted bread!
Preparation Time: 1 hour