Traditionally, a Frittata is an Italian egg-based dish that’s similar to an omelet. The main ingredient in the dish is therefore egg that can be combined with veggies, meats or cheese. The basic difference between a frittata and an egg lies in the way of cooking. The ingredients are combined, cooked for a few minutes in a skillet and then baked so that they become puffed like a pizza. It’s quite easy to make at home and a delicious and filing treat for any time of the day.
- Eggs 8 large
- Red bell Pepper, cut into thick slices 1
- Broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets 6 cups
- Cheese, grated 5 cups
- Milk ¼ cup
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Olive oil 2 teaspoons
- Boil the broccoli until it becomes tender.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper using a beater.
- Add the boiled broccoli to this and also add 4 cups of the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick oven-safe frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot enough, pour the eggs mixture in it and lower the heat to medium.
- Cook the egg-mix in the pan without stirring for about 3 minutes to set the bottom of the frittata. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Once the base of the frittata is done, turn off the heat and transfer the frying pan to the preheated oven.
Note: If you do not have an oven proof frying pan, you can carefully transfer the frittata using a flat spatula to a flat baking tray and continue to bake.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the frittata is baked at the center and becomes puffy.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a plate using a spatula. Cut into slices and serve warm!
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4