Give your weekend breakfast a twist with this innovative idea. These Ragi Mini Pancakes are light and yummy and they make for the perfect day time snack as well. Add all your favorite veggies to them to give them your own touch. Serve with coconut chutney, tamarind – green chutneys or even tomato ketchup. Your kids will love them too!
- Ragi Flour 1 cup
- Onion, finely chopped 1 medium
- Green Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped 1 medium
- Salt & Black Pepper To taste
- Thick Tomato skin, chopped (optional) 1
- Water As required
- Cooking Oil As required
- In a large bowl combine the ragi flour, chopped veggies, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually add water while continuously stirring until a thick yet flowing pancake consistency is obtained.
- Place a non-stick griddle / tawa on medium heat and grease it with cooking oil.
- When it heats up, pour 1 tablespoon of the pancake mix on the griddle and spread it out into a small circle.
- Let the pancake cook for 1 – 2 minutes and then flip it over with a wooden spatula. Cook on the other end for another 2 minutes.
- When done, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up extra oil.
- Arrange in a serving platter and serve hot with chutney or ketchup of choice. If desired, sprinkle a little desiccated coconut over the pancakes before serving.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes