Quinoa is a healthy grain that’s consumed in seed form. It’s rich in protein and is a boon for people going for a wheat-free diet. Combine quinoa with some the tangy flavour of mango and pungent flavour of curry for a delicious, light and healthy salad you’ll want to have over and over again.
- Quinoa 3/4 cup
- Mango, peeled, seeded and diced 1
- Green onions, chopped 3
- Vegetable or chicken stock 1-1/2 cups
- Curry powder 1-1/2 teaspoons
- Garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper To per taste
- Place a deep saucepan over high heat and pour the vegetable / chicken stock in it.
- Add quinoa, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper and bring the stock to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the saucepan and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until the quinoa becomes soft and cooked through.
- Transfer the ready quinoa into a shallow dish and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Toss it with the mango and green onions and serve at room temperature.
Preparation Time: 3o minutes