Give your summer afternoons a refreshing treat with this easy to make, delicious salad. Quinoa, bell peppers, cucumber , and tomatoes add a delightful burst of flavors to this healthy salad that can be had as a complete meal. Perfect to be served to friends and family.
- Quinoa, boiled 1/4th cup
- Lettuce & other salad greens, chopped 1 cup
- Onion, long sliced 1 medium
- Cheery tomatoes, cut into half 5-6
- Cucumber, thin sliced 1 medium
- Coloured bell peppers, thin sliced 1/2 each
- Olive oil 1 teaspoon
- Lemon 1/2
- Salt To taste
- Black pepper, ground To taste
- Place a shallow non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and after a few seconds, add in sliced onion. Lightly saute them.
- Add bell peppers and saute them for a couple of seconds.
- Turn off the heat and allow sauteed onion and bell peppers to cool down.
- Add salad greens, cucumber, and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- To this, add the cooled sautéed onions and bell peppers.
- Add quinoa, croutons, lemon, and salt to the salad.
- Toss the salad and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3