Proja is a traditional Balkan dish that tastes similar to the Balkan homemade pie. The original recipe is made with corn flour only, but there are many variations, that include adding some cheese, spinach, swiss chard or olives. You can eat proja with yoghurt, ajran, sour cream or some tasty salad. It stays fresh for 3 days if you keep it in the fridge, and heat only the piece that you plan to eat, not the whole pan every time. Proja has an amazing taste and it is easy to digest, making the recipe perfect for breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
- Baking powder 10 grams
- Flour 80 grams
- Corn flour 100 grams
- Cheese 300 grams
- Olives 30
- Eggs 3
- Yoghurt 300 ml
- Milk 100 ml
- Olive oil 100 ml
- Salt To taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Mix the eggs in the bowl and add some salt. Add the yoghurt and the milk while mixing.
- Add the olive oil and keep mixing. Then add the flour, baking powder and corn flour in the mix and continue mixing till you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Chop the cheese into small pieces and add it into the mix.
- Chop the olives and add them to the mixture as well.
- Mix until you get a nice homogeneous mixture.
- Add some olive oil in the baking pan and spread it evenly on the pan surface, covering the bottom and the sides.
- Add the mix in the pan.
- Add some sesame on top.
- Bake at 220 degrees for 45 minutes.
- After baking, cover the pan with kitchen towel and leave it for 30 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3
To know more about Viktor, please click here.