Chicken burgers with mayonnaise and pesto (garlic, basil, olive oil sauce) that are simple enough to make at home. These burgers are a perfect lunch option – filling and delicious! The fresh herby flavour of the pesto when combined with creamy mayonnaise turns into a delightful treat for the senses.
- Burger buns 6
- Ground chicken 1-1/2 pounds
- Cheddar or Parmesan Cheese, grated 1 cup
- Mayonnaise 5/6 cup
- Pesto 4 tablespoons
- Salt and ground Black Pepper To taste
- Lettuce Few leaves
- Tomato slices 6 – 8
- Oil For brushing the burgers
- Combine the chicken, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth.
- Mix 1/3 cup mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons pesto in a small bowl and then blend it with the chicken mixture.
- Shape the mixture into 1/2 inch thick patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap. Keep this baking sheet in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Prepare the grill. Remove the chicken patties from the fridge and one by one brush both sides with oil.
- Grill the burger patties for 5 minutes on each side or until the meat is not pink inside.
- Combine the remaining pesto and mayonnaise in a small serving bowl.
- Slice up the burger buns into half from the centre. If desired, brush the cut up buns with a little oil and grill for a few seconds on each side.
- Place the ready patties on the burger rolls. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce and the pesto mayonnaise.
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 6 burgers