Grilled marinated cottage cheese chunks skewed onto wooden skewers or toothpicks along with bell peppers, onions and tomatoes. Paneer Tikka is an all-time favorite Indian appetizer. The perfect start to a formal dinner or party, this dish is extremely easy to make at home.
- Cottage cheese (Paneer) 250 gm
- Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) 1 large
- Tomato, thick skin cut into pieces 1 large
- Onion 1 large
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Black salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Carrom Seeds (Ajwain) 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Cooking oil 2 tablespoons
- Long tooth-picks 15 – 20
- Combine the yogurt with salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, black salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and ginger garlic paste to a slight flowing consistency and keep aside.
- Cut the cottage cheese into bite-sized cubes. Also cut the green bell pepper, onions and thick tomato skin into bite-sized pieces.
- Squeeze the lemon in the yogurt mixture and combine. This mixture will serve as the marinade for the cottage cheese cubes.
- Immerse the cottage cheese cubes in the marinade and cover all cubes with it evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and uncover it. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Meanwhile, arrange the marinated cottage cheese cubes, diced bell pepper, onion and tomato pieces as colorfully on the long tooth-picks as you can.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with oil and place the ready tooth-picks on it. Brush the cottage cheese and veggies lightly with oil too.
- Grill the cottage cheese tooth-picks for 10 minutes, remove dish and turn the tooth-picks, grill for 10 minutes on the other side.
- When done, bring out the baking dish and place the ready paneer tikka on a serving plate. Serve with onion rings and green chutney!
Preparation Time: 40 minutes (excluding refrigeration time)
Servings: 2 – 3