“Moong dal mangore” is a delicious and easy to make snack. It is served as a starter at parties and get-togethers. This is made with split husked green lentils and is this rich in protein. This healthy snack can be made spicier by adding a lot of chilies and is served best with green and tamarind chutneys.
- Moong dhuli dal, soaked for 3-4 hours ¾ cup
- Onion, chopped 1 medium
- Green chilies, chopped 2
- Coriander, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Ginger, grated 1 inch
- Red chili powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Oil For deep frying
- Drain the lentil and put it in a grinder with salt and red chili powder. Grind coarsely using less water.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide bowl and beat it for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onions, coriander leaves, ginger pieces and chopped green chilies. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok and drop small portions of the mixture in it using a spoon.
- Fry on medium heat so that the mangore cook properly.
- Fry until golden brown and then transfer to a dish lined with paper towel.
- Serve hot with green and tamarind chutneys.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes