Mathris are deep fried salty snacks made with refined flour (maida). They are popular as a tea-time snack all over India and are quite easy to make at home. They can be consumed directly with green chutney or made into a chat as in this recipe. The chat makes for a perfect tea-time or all day snack to kill hunger pangs and satisfy the taste buds.
- Mathris, ready-made or homemade 8 – 10
- Potato, boiled & cut into small pieces 1 medium
- Curd (Yogurt), beaten 3 – 4 teaspoons
- Green chutney 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind Chutney 2 teaspoons
- Salt To taste
- Red chili powder Pinch
- Roasted cumin powder Pinch
- Aloo bhujia 1 teaspoon
- Arrange mathris in a mixing bowl.
- Spread potato pieces over the mathris.
- Top with beaten curd, green and tamarind chutneys.
- Sprinkle salt, red chili powder and roasted cumin powder.
- Finally sprinkle aloo bhujia over the mixture.
- If desired, give the chat a gentle toss to combine all flavors and then transfer to serving bowls. Or serve without tossing, when you transfer it to bowls, all flavors will combine automatically.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3