A treat for chicken lovers, this coriander flavored lemon chicken is a delicious mouth melting delicacy that can be served as a starter, snack or even as an accompanying item with a meal. Easy to make at home, it is a perfect party dish that you can also serve for a casual meal with family.
- Boneless chicken cut into pieces 400 grams
- Ginger, grated 1 tablespoon
- Water 3 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves, minced 3 – 4
- Green chilies, finely chopped 1 – 2
- Coriander (Cilantro), finely chopped 1 cup
- Roasted cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper, crushed ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoons
- Garam masala ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Salt To taste
- Cooking oil 4 – 5 tablespoons
- Put chicken pieces in a bowl. Add red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, crushed black peppers, coriander powder, little salt and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into the chicken.
- Mix well so as to coat the marinade all around the pieces and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Put a non stick pan on low-medium heat with 4 tablespoons oil in it.
- Put in marinated chicken pieces and fry them to golden brown in color from all sides by flipping them. Strain out using a perforated spatula and keep aside.
- Add minced garlic to the same pan and saute it until the rawness is gone; add ginger and water mix to pan and cook for two minutes.
- Add chopped coriander, green chilies, remaining lemon juice and ½ cup water to pan.
- Let it boil and then put fried chicken pieces and some more salt as per your taste. Mix and let it simmer covered with lid on low-medium heat for 10 minutes. Keep stirring gently and add little water if required.
- Open the lid and let the water dry out on high flame. Add garam masala, mix it and dry roast for two minutes flipping the pieces gently.
- Transfer the coriander lemon chicken into a serving bowl and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes