Layer your favorite bread slices with lots of cheese and throw in some spicy jalapenos to make yourself this filling snack that can be had for breakfast or lunch. Jalapeno lovers must try this one!
- Jalapeno slices 5 – 6
- Cheese, shredded 1/2 cup
- Cheese spread 2 tablespoons
- Brown or white bread 2 slices
- Butter, room temperature 1 tablespoon
- Crumbled Tortilla chips 1 tablespoon
- Broil the jalapeno slices in an oven for about 10 – 12 minutes until the outer layer of the jalapeno skin has blackened.
Tip: You may use fresh jalapenos or canned ones.
- Put broiled jalapenos in a zip-lock bag and let them cool for about 20 minutes. Then peel off the skin from the jalapenos and keep them aside.
- Coat the outside of each slice of bread lightly with butter and layer the cheese spread on the inside.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese on top of the cheese spread.
Note: You can use any cheese – cheese spread combination.
- Add jalapenos, crumbled tortilla chips, and the remaining cheese on the top.
- Finally place the other slice of bread on the top.
- Grill the sandwich in an oven till the bread turns golden brown. The cheese will melt after you’ve heated it for about 2-4 minutes per side. Serve hot!
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2