Gram Flour Pancake or Besan Pooda or Besan Cheela is a quick-make yummy snack that can be had at any time of the day. A tasty blend of gram flour, onion, green chili, fresh cilantro and spices, this dish makes for a perfect breakfast item or evening tea accompaniment.
- Gram Flour (Besan) 3 – 4 tablespoons
- Onion, finely chopped 1 small / medium
- Green Chilly, finely chopped 1 – 2 small
- Fresh Cilantro (Coriander), chopped 2 large pinches
- Salt To Taste
- Red Chili powder (optional) 1/4 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil As required
- Water As required
- Combine everything except the water and oil in a bowl.
- Slowly add water while stirring such that no lumps are formed. Add water as much as required for a slightly thick flowing batter.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spread a little cooking oil on it.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of the batter in the greased pan and spread it using a spatula.
- After about a minute, drizzle oil over the surface of the pancake and then sliding the spatula under the pancake, detach it from the pan and carefully flip it over.
- Let the pancake cook to a beautiful golden brown color (or if you prefer a blackish brown spotted color) on both sides.
- When done, transfer the pancakes (poodas) to a serving plate and serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 – 3