Falafel in baked muffin form – now that’s a new idea! Falafel is a common dish eaten throughout the Middle East, especially in UAE and has chickpeas as the main ingredient. This is a savory and delicious dish that can be had for breakfast or as a team time snack.
- Chickpeas, soaked overnight 1 cup
- Onion, chopped 1
- Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped 1 tablespoon
- Green chili, chopped 1
- Garlic, chopped 2 cloves
- Salt To taste
- Red chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) ¼ teaspoon
- Fresh parsley, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil For greasing muffin tins
- Flour 2 tablespoons
- Boil soaked chickpeas with 4 cups of water for 30 minutes in a pressure cooker. Then drain the chick peas and transfer them to a bowl.
Tip: You may use canned chickpeas too.
- Add dry spices, coriander, onion and garlic and mix well. Mash all the things with hand blender or in a food processor to make a thick paste.
- Add flour, baking powder and parsley to this paste.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree Celsius and place paper liners or wax paper cups in muffin tins.
- Make small balls of the mixture and put them in paper cups; bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them come to room temperature, sprinkle seasoning and serve with humus or any other sauce of your choice.
Tip: You may deep fry the falafel muffins too instead of baking them.
Preparation Time: 55 minutes