Egg toast is a simple and healthy breakfast dish for egg lovers. Quick to make this recipe can also be served as an evening snack or anytime snack. It’s makes for a good lunch item for kids too.
- Eggs 4
- Bread slices 4
- Onion, chopped 1 medium
- Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped 1 tablespoon
- Ginger, chopped 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies, chopped 2
- Red chili powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Chat Masala 1 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Cooking oil or butter 2 tablespoons
- Beat one egg in a bowl and then add chopped onion, ginger, coriander, green chili, salt and red chili powder in it.
- Keep a flat non stick pan or griddle on medium heat. Melt some butter on it.
- Pour the egg mixture on the pan, spread it just a little and then keep a bread slice on it.
- Press it a little with a spatula so that some of the egg mixture sticks to the bread slice. Cook for a minute to let omelet turn golden brown.
- Using a wooden spatula, lift the bread slice, flip it and keep it back on the egg. Spread some butter at the edges all around the omelet.
- Cook for few seconds and then flip it all together so that it gets cooked from other side too.
- Cook till the egg turns brown from both sides. Remove from the pan and place in the serving dish.
- Do the same with rest of the eggs and bread slices.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3