When you can’t think of anything else to fill that growling tummy, a sandwich is a quick option. And the best part is, you can twist and turn it as per choice. This egg double-decker sandwich if filling and delicious. But here’s a tip – don’t count the calories here. It’s a sinful pleasure you won’t be able to resist.
- Eggs 2
- Tomato, finely chopped 1 small
- Onion, finely chopped 1 small
- Green chili, finely chopped 1 small
- Salt To taste
- Black pepper powder Pinch
- Mayonnaise 2 teaspoons
- Tomato Ketchup 2 teaspoons
- Bread Slices 3
- Place a shallow frying pan over medium heat and melt some butter in it.
- Add chopped green chili and onion and saute until the onions become transparent. Reduce heat to prevent burning.
- Add chopped tomato and saute until the tomato leaves juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Then break open the eggs in the pan.
- Whisk to scramble them nicely and combine with the onion, chili and tomato. When done to desired-ness, turn off the heat.
- When the egg filling cools down a bit, apply 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on one bread slice surface and spread some of the egg filling on top.
- On the second bread slice apply tomato ketchup on one surface and place it ketchup-side down over the egg filling.
- Now that one deck of the sandwich is formed, apply the remaining mayonnaise on top of the second bread slice. Then spread egg filling.
- Finally apply ketchup on the third bread slice and place it ketchup-side down on the filling.
- If you wish, grill the sandwich in a sandwich maker. Otherwise, cut it into two large triangles and enjoy the egg double-decker.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes