The Egg Caesar salad is an all time favorite amalgamation of hard boiled eggs, choice veggies, croutons, cheese and basically anything you want. Tossed in the yummy combination of mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice, this salad adds a fun element to any formal or informal get together.
- Hard-boiled eggs 4
- Lettuce, leaves broken coarsely 1 whole head
- Toasted croutons 2 cups
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Grated Parmesan 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard 2 teaspoons
- Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon
- Lemon’s juice 1 large
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper To taste
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- Thoroughly wash the lettuce and dry it. Meanwhile, prepare the salad dressing.
- In a bowl mix the garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice and then pour in the olive oil while whisking regularly. The final consistency of the salad dressing should be thick yet a little flowing.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste, stir and keep aside for a while.
- Toss the dried lettuce, croutons and the salad dressing in a large bowl.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut the egg white into broad strips.
- Transfer dressed salad onto serving platter and place the egg whites strips and crumbled yolks on top all over platter. Serve!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (excluding time needed to dry the lettuce)