These easy crispy Zucchini chips are literally the easiest snack to prepare. Just slice a zucchini really thin, deep fry or bake the slices and season with salt – that’s it! Plus, you can store them for up to 3 days. So what are you waiting for? Try them out NOW!
- Zucchini 1 large
- Olive oil For deep frying
- Salt To taste
- Deep frying pan
- Paper Towels
- Perforated spoon
- Wash the Zucchini thoroughly and let it dry out.
- Using a slicer, slice it really thin.
- Place a paper towel on a plate and spread a few slices on it. Place another paper towel on top and then using your palms, press the slices so as to squeeze out the liquid from them.
- When the liquid from all slices has been squeezed out, keep them aside and put a deep frying pan over high heat with olive oil in it.
- As soon as the oil heats up nicely, lower the heat and carefully slide the zucchini into the oil.
- Fry until crispy and golden colored on both sides. Then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to soak the extra oil.
- Sprinkle salt over the chips once they’ve cooled a bit. Then gently shake them to dust off extra salt.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Serve with choice of beverage.
Note: To make these chips healthier, you can bake them instead of deep frying
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 50+ chips