Salad with a twist! That’s what describes this amazing recipe (adapted from thecomfortofcooking.com) for a starter or side dish that will blow you away. It’s simple, quick to make and utterly delicious. And the best part is, you’ll have all the ingredients right in your kitchen. So get some cucumbers, cheese and salad veggies and start chopping!
- Cucumbers 2
- Onion, finely chopped ½ small
- Red bell pepper, finely chopped ½
- Tomato, seeded and finely chopped 1
- Black olives, pitted and chopped 1/8 cup
- Dried Oregano ¼ tablespoon
- Cheese, crumbled 1/8 cup
- Parsley, chopped ¼ cup
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Lemon zest ½ tablespoon
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Salt and ground black pepper To taste
- Wash the cucumbers thoroughly and then peel them length-wise leaving thin strips of the skin going down the entire length.
- Trim the ends and then chop them into thick slices. Scoop out the center from each slice leaving a thick shell of flesh.
- Combine everything else in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cucumber cups with the salad. Garnish with parsley and cheese if desired.
- Chill for some time before serving or serve at room temperature as per choice.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 12 – 15 cups