Vegetarian croquettes filled with Cottage cheese, onions and green chilies. The beauty of croquettes is that they’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The no potato version of croquettes are delicious and comparatively lighter. Super easy to prepare, croquettes bring a classy touch to any party.
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) 250 grams
- Refined flour (Maida) 2 tablespoons
- Cooking soda Pinch
- Bread slices, edges cut 3-4
- Yogurt (Curd) ¾ cup
- Coriander, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Green chili, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Onion, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Water ¼ cup
- Bread crumbs 4 tablespoons
- Cooking Oil For frying
- Soak bread slices in curd and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the refined flour in water and keep aside.
- Meanwhile crumble paneer in a bowl and add all the chopped ingredients in it.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add soaked bread into it and mix well again.
- Place a wok or deep frying pan with oil over high heat.
- Take some mixture and give it an oval or cylindrical shape, keep in a dish.
- Make the same shape of the whole mixture.
- Dip the chroquettes in maida solution and roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil and serve.
Tip: You can make these croquettes in advance and refrigerate for few hours. Fry when required.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes