Corn salsa combines extremely flavorful ingredients – fresh or canned corn kernels (or just grilled corn on the cob), tomatoes, onions, fresh coriander, green chilies and a dressing of your choice makes this salad an optimum choice for any season and weather. Whip it up quickly as a healthy appetizer that’s loved by kids and adults alike. It even makes for a colorful party side-dish.
- Sweet corn, boiled or cooked to tenderness 2 cups
- Spring Onion (or regular onion), chopped 1 large
- Ripe Tomato, chopped 1 large
- Green chilies, chopped 2 small
- Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped 2 teaspoons
- Lemon or Lime juice 2 tablespoons
- Salt To taste
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Powdered Sugar (optional) To taste
- Combine the corn, onion, tomato, green chilies and coriander in a bowl. Toss lightly to mix all together.
- In a bowl mix the salt, sugar, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour this dressing over the salad and toss to coat everything nicely.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.
Tip: To give this salad a kick, you may add a teaspoon of readymade or homemade Salsa sauce.
Chopped cucumber and pineapple may also be added to this salad.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3