Soups are always welcomed on chilly winter nights and clear vegetable soup is one of the quickest possible soups to make. It is a healthy way to eat vegetables with their complete nourishment as well as a great substitute for a regular meal too. Very easy to make at home, it can be modified according to your taste as well.
- Carrot, chopped 1 small
- Broccoli, diced into halves 5 – 6 florets
- Onion, chopped 1 small
- Garlic, chopped 1 clove
- Celery, chopped ¼ cup
- Mushrooms, chopped ¼ cup
- Tofu, diced (optional) ¼ cup
- Vegetable stock (broth) 4 cups
- Salt To taste
- Crushed black pepper For seasoning
- Olive Oil (or any other preferred oil) 1 tablespoon
- Put a saucepan on medium heat with oil in it and add chopped garlic and onions.
- Sauté for a minute then add chopped celery, carrots and broccoli.
- Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, then add chopped mushrooms and 4 cups of vegetable stock.
- Let it simmer, covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add diced tofu and season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Pour into the serving bowls and serve hot.
Tip: Tofu can be replaced with cottage cheese, vegetable stock with chicken stock or even water and more veggies of choice can be added.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4