Delicious and juicy, these chicken tacos are a welcome snack for any chicken lover. Quick and easy to make, this recipe makes for the perfect party appetizer too! Plus, they’re so colourful.
- Taco Shells 6
- Boneless Chicken 850 grams
- Onion, chopped 1 large
- Cabbage, shredded 1 cup
- Tomato, de-seeded and cut into pieces 1 large
- Garlic, minced 2 cloves
- Green chilies, chopped 2 – 3 medium
- Salsa sauce 5 – 6 tablespoons
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Put the chicken, chopped green chilies, onion, garlic, cumin powder and half the salsa sauce in a pressure cooker and pressure-cook the chicken to desired softness.
- When done, let the steam escape and then remove the chicken from the cooker. Let it cool a bit and then shred or cut into small pieces.
- In a large bowl place the cooked chicken, shredded cabbage, tomato pieces, remaining salsa and any juices leftover from the pressure cooker.
- Check and adjust salt and other seasonings. Mix everything.
- Fill the mixture into the taco shells and serve with desired dip.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6