Giving the traditional clear chicken soup an interesting twist, boiled noodles give this healthy item a significant lift in terms of the taste and feel. A patiently simmered broth with vegetables and chicken pieces make this soup a tasteful starter option before a hearty meal.
- Boneless chicken, cut into small pieces 100 grams
- Spring onions with stalk 4
- Carrots 2 medium
- Flat Noodles 1 small pack
- Garlic cloves 4
- Parsley or young Coriander leaves with stalks 2-3
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Water 2 cups
- Salt and Ground Pepper To taste
- Boil the chicken with 2 spring onions, 2 garlic cloves by any way you prefer. For this,I recommend using a pressure cooker since it’s more convenient, quick and results in softer chicken. However, you could use a different method.
- After the chicken is cooked, strain the pieces from the stock and keep the stock for later use.
Tip: You could also use pre-cooked chicken and canned chicken stock instead of both steps above.
- Boil the flat noodles to desired softness or as per package instructions. Thereafter, drain them in a sieve and rinse them with cold water.
- Now chop the remaining spring onions, bulbs and stalks separately. Also chop the remaining garlic cloves and all the carrots.
- Place a deep pan over medium heat and add the butter to it.
- As soon as the butter completely melts, throw in the chopped carrots.
- Once the carrots start to soften, add the spring onion bulbs.
- When the bulbs turn slightly brown, add the chopped garlic and spring onion stalks. Stir and let everything cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the boiled chicken into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan and give everything a stir.
- Now add the boiled noodles to the pan and toss everything. If the noodles are too soft, toss gently so that you don’t break the noodles up.
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir gently.
- Also pour the water in the pan, stir everything and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and ground pepper and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the soup into serving bowls. You could garnish it with fresh parsley or cilantro and then serve it hot!
Preparation Time: 45 minutes