Easily available ingredients and simple to follow steps make this salad a quick-fix healthy food option that can be enjoyed at any time. The color-rich combination of strawberries, red onion, cheese and fresh basil bathed in a dressing of balsamic vinegar, sugar and lemon lend it a unique flavor that you’ll start craving in no time.
- Soft Goat Cheese or Feta, crumbled 50 grams
- Strawberries, hulled & quartered 4 cups
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced 2 tablespoons
- Red onion, finely sliced 1 small
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Freshly squeezed Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Balsamic vinegar 2 teaspoons
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, sugar and basil in a large bowl.
- Add the strawberries to this mixture and toss gently.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour, remove the bowl from the fridge, uncover and add the onions.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper and give everything a final toss.
- Let the salad stand for a few minutes to allow the onions to get a little soaked up in the liquid. Then toss again gently once.
- Divide equally in serving bowls or dishes and sprinkle the cheese on top. Serve immediately!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes + 1 hour for chilling