Cheesy Potato Dumplings are a delicious snack to be served with evening tea or as a pre-dinner appetizer. Soft boiled potato covering filled with mouth watering processed cheese, this dish is easy to make at home. Liked by everyone when served with tomato ketchup, especially by children!
- Potatoes, boiled 2 medium
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Crushed black pepper or black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped 1 tablespoon
- Salt To taste
- Cheese spread 2 teaspoons
Cheese cubes 2
- Bread crumbs or toast crumbs 2 tablespoons
- Cooking oil For deep frying
- Peel the potatoes and mash them well.
- Add dry spices, chopped coriander (cilantro) and crumbs and mix well.
- Take a small portion of the mix and flatten it on the palm.
- Put 1/4 teaspoon of cheese spread or 1/4 cheese cube on it.
- Fold from all sides and roll within your palms to make a dumpling.
Tip: Seal the dumplings carefully otherwise the melted cheese will leak while frying.
- Do the same with the rest of the mixture.
- Put all the dumplings in a plate or dish (such that they don’t stick to each other) and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place a deep frying pan with cooking oil on high heat.
- Fry the cheesy dumplings on high flame.
Tip: Frying the dumplings on high flame prevents them from sticking to the bottom of the frying pan.
- When they turn to a beautiful golden brown color, transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels (tissue papers) to drain the excess oil.
- Arrange them on a serving dish and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes