Usually when we hear broccoli, all we can think of is green and bland. However, this soupy version of it is healthy and tasty at the same time. Cheese, broccoli and veggies make this delectable soup rich and unique. Perfect to surprise your family and friends and absolutely magical for your kids!
- Broccoli, chopped 1 head
- Cheese, shredded 2/3 cups + more for topping
- Green onions, chopped 2
- Onion, chopped 1 medium
- Potatoes, chopped 1 large or 2 small
- Garlic, minced 3 cloves
- Vegetable broth 3 cups
- Salt and black pepper To taste
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Put a deep saucepan over medium heat and pour the olive oil in it.
- Once the oil heats up add the onions and salt and sauté for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Now add the potatoes, stir, lower the heat and cover the pan. Let the potatoes cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the minced garlic. Stir and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the broth and let it come to a boil. Then reduce the heat again and let everything cook until the potatoes completely soften.
- Now add the black pepper. Check and add more salt if needed.
- Add the broccoli and let it cook until tender.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture come to room temperature.
- Then transfer it to a food processor and blend to smoothness.
- Return the soup to the pan and heat it nicely. Then add the cheese and let it melt.
- Stir to mix the melted cheese with the soup and then transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve hot!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 – 4