Give your morning a filling, delicious start with these quick make toasts. Serve them at tea time or as a side dish with your meal. Cut them into smaller bites and they’re a perfect fit for cocktail parties too. Cheese, onions, green chilies, bread and some oregano are all you need to make a plate full of this yummy snack that your kids will absolutely love.
- Bread Slices 4
- Cheese spread 2 tablespoons
- Onion, finely chopped (optional) 1 medium
- Green chili, finely chopped 2 small
- Oregano As required
- Butter 1 – 2 tablespoons
- Place a flat non-stick pan over medium heat and allow it to warm up.
- Place the bread slices on the hot pan and dry toast them to a nice brown color from both sides. You can also use a toaster for this purpose.
- Apply cheese generously on one side of the toasted bread slices.
- Combine the chopped onions and green chilies and spread little portions of the mix on the cheese applied surfaces.
- Heat the flat non-stick pan again and grease it with some butter.
- Place the toasts cheese-chili side down on the greased pan and using your fingers rotate it nicely over the melted butter. Do not press the toasts over the pan or else the cheese might burn.
- Flip the toasts and transfer them to a plate. Slice them up using a pizza cutter into desired shapes and sizes.
- Sprinkle oregano on top and then transfer to a serving plate. Serve warm!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 8 toasts