Easy to make, this Chana Masala Sandwich is delicious and filling. Stuffed with chickpeas cooked with tangy Indian spices, this sandwich is a must try for those who like a little spice in their meals. Perfect little appetizers that you can have at any time during the day.
- Boiled chickpeas 1 cup
- Red chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) ¼ teaspoon
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) ¼ teaspoon
- Grated ginger 1 tablespoon
- Green chili chopped 1
- Salt To taste
- Garam Masala powder ½ teaspoon
- Tomato puree 1 tablespoon
- Puffed bread cut into halves 2 pieces
- Lettuce 4 pieces
- Green coriander chopped 2 tablespoons
- Onion cut into thin slices ½
- Cooking oil 1 ½ tablespoon
- Put a pan with oil on medium heat. As soon as the oil heats up, add carom seeds.
- When they splutter add ginger and stir fry, add tomato puree and mix well, as it leaves oil add salt and dry spices and fry until the oil is separated.
- Put boiled chickpeas, green chilli and coriander, mix well, cook for 5 minutes after a boil then remove from the heat.
- Take the halves of puffed breads and slit them to make a pocket.
- Put a flat non-stick skillet on heat and grease with oil, roast puffed bread on it from both sides.
- Fill cooked masala chickpeas in it put a lettuce, coriander leaves and onion slices on it. Make all the breads ready the same way and keep in the serving dish.
- Serve hot chana (chickpea) masala sandwich and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes