Okay this is not the traditional couscous but my take on it. Did you know that cauliflower when grated fine resembles couscous? Yes it does and it can be teamed up with a variety of things to make it all the more interesting. Here’s a beautiful recipe that yields sweet and slightly tangy Cauliflower Pineapple Couscous that’ll make for the perfect side-dish at any meal table.
- Cauliflower, cut into florets 1 medium
- Pineapple, diced 1 cup
- Eggs, beaten 4 large
- Olive Oil 2 teaspoons
- Sesame Oil 1 teaspoon
- Onion, diced 3/4 cup
- Assorted veggies, chopped 1-1/2 cups
- Garlic, minced 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce 3 tablespoons
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Grate the cauliflower florets to fine grain size. Don’t overdo it though or else you’ll lose the texture. Keep aside.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat and grease it lightly. Add the beaten eggs to this and scramble them until cooked.
- Transfer the eggs to a plate and then add the sesame and olive oil to the same pan. Let it heat up and then add diced onion and minced garlic.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until the onion becomes transparent.
- Now add the grated cauliflower, chopped veggies, and soy sauce to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix. Let everything cook until the cauliflower softens.
- Add the scrambled eggs to the pan and also the diced pineapple. Stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes