Classic caramel popcorn! Butter, Sugar and Corn make for a killer combination that is brought out beautifully in this recipe. Why go to a mall or theater to get them when you can easily pop-them up at home? Enjoy this sweet and crunchy treat at home today!
- Unsalted corn kernels 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup + extra for greasing
- Vanilla Essence or extract 1 teaspoon
- Corn syrup, light or dark (optional) 1/2 cup
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Cooking Spray
Note: If you have only salted corn kernels, do not add extra salt in the mixture.
- Pop the corn in a microwave, a pan with a lid or in a pressure cooker without whistle. Make sure to grease the pan or cooker with butter before popping. Remove any un-popped corn.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the sugar, corn syrup and salt to it.
- Stir the mixture and let it come to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and then remove the pan from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees C or 250 degrees F.
- Add the vanilla essence and also the baking soda in the butter-sugar mixture. Stir nicely.
- Spray cooking spray in a baking dish and spread the pop-corn in it. If the pop-corn has completely cooled down, place the dish in the oven for 5 minutes to warm them up.
- Now pour the butter mixture over the pop-corn and toss to coat them with the mixture nicely.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Spread out an aluminum foil paper and spray cooking spray on it. Remove pop-corn from the oven after 45 minutes and spread them out on the foil paper.
- Allow them to cool down and then break them into pieces.
- Store in airtight container or serve instantly.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 5 minutes