Beetroot Kebabs are delicious little dumplings made with beetroot, potatoes and other veggies of choice. They’re simple and quick to make and accompany all kinds of main course dishes. Kebabs are the perfect appetizers for any occasion. Grilled, baked or simply deep-fried, you can make them as you want and with as many different ingredients as you want.
Ingredients for Beetroot Kebabs
- 1 large Beetroot, boiled
- 1 medium Potato, boiled
- 2 Amla (Indian Gooseberry), boiled
- 1 tablespoon Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander, chopped
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Roasted gram (bhune chane), ground
- 1 teaspoon Chat masala
- Salt, To taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Cooking Oil, For deep frying
- Peel and grate potato, beetroot and amla in a bowl.
Tip: Amla can be replaced with lemon juice or dry mango powder.
- Add coriander, onion, chili, garlic, ginger and all dry ingredients in it.
Tip: You may use soaked and ground gram lentil in place of bhune chane ka powder.
- Mix all the ingredients and give them the shape of small tikki (patty) by making hands greased.
- Put oil in a frying pan and place on heat.
- Place the kebabs in a plate and keep in refrigerator until the oil heats up.
- Deep-fry the kebabs in hot oil and drain on a dish lined with paper towels.
Tip: Kebabs can also be shallow fried with less oil on a non-stick tawa.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3