Pizzas may be prepared with enormous varieties of toppings whether vegetarian or non vegetarian. This is an easy recipe to prepare pizza with barbecued chicken topping. It is an alternative to usual tomato sauce based pizzas which is sure to satisfy any non vegetarian pizza lover. A topping of spicy barbecue sauce, diced chicken, cilantro, peppers and onions all covered with cheese and then baked to bubbly goodness, makes it an all time winner.
- 1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- ½ cup Spicy barbecue sauce
- ½ cup Chopped fresh Cilantro
- ½ cup Sliced peppers
- ¼ Small red onion, peeled and chopped or halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese or any other cheese of your choice
- Preheat your oven at 175 degrees Celsius.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread the crust with barbecue sauce then top with cooked and cubed chicken, cilantro, peppers and onions. Sprinkle with shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes or until cheese is well melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and transfer onto serving platter; cut into slices using a pizza cutter and serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 slices
- You may use any of leftover cooked chicken for topping.
- Additional herbs and spices may also be used for more flavors.