Muffins make for the perfect tasteful snacks at tea-time or, well, any time of the day. My mum makes amazing Vanilla and Choco-chip muffins everyone drools over and when I came across this recipe I knew we had to try it. They’re absolutely lovely and so easy to make.
- Very ripe bananas 3
- Honey 1/3 cup
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Egg 1 large
- Vanilla Essence 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour (or Maida) 1-1/2 cups
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Set your oven to preheat at 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and combine them with the honey, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, soda and salt.
- Divide the batter among 10-12 paper-lined muffin cups, filling them almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they’re golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 10 – 12