Veined Italian Gorgonzola blue cheese gives this apple salad a salty twist your taste buds will love! This delicious salad may be served as a side dish with dinner or after dinner as well. Perfect for a classy dinner party!
Ingredients for Apple Gorgonzola Salad
- 2 – 3 Apples, cut into wedges, core removed
- 200 gm Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Apple juice
- 1 lemon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- A handful lettuce
- Pinch Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, To taste
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the apple juice, Dijon mustard, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Whisk the dressing well to dissolve sugar then stir in olive oil while whisking.
- Take all of salad ingredients except gorgonzola in a large mixing bowl and pour in dressing.
- Toss to coat everything well then transfer the salad onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with crumbled gorgonzola on top and serve!
Tip: You may use American blue cheese instead of gorgonzola. Red or green apples and even pears may be used in this salad.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes