Veined Italian Gorgonzola blue cheese gives this apple salad a salty twist your taste buds will love! This delicious salad may be served as a side dish with dinner or after dinner as well. Perfect for a classy dinner party!
- Apples, cut into wedges, core removed 2 – 3
- Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled 200 gm
- Raisins 1/4 cup
- Walnuts, toasted 1 cup
- Apple juice 1/4 cup
- lemon juice 1 lemon
- Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Romaine or iceberg lettuce A handful
- Freshly ground black pepper Pinch
- Salt To taste
- Extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup
- Combine the apple juice, Dijon mustard, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Whisk the dressing well to dissolve sugar then stir in olive oil while whisking.
- Take all of salad ingredients except gorgonzola in a large mixing bowl and pour in dressing.
- Toss to coat everything well then transfer the salad onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with crumbled gorgonzola on top and serve!
Tip: You may use American blue cheese instead of gorgonzola. Red or green apples and even pears may be used in this salad.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes